Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:12:20 -0700
From:      Stanislav <stanislav-n@gmx.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Stanislav Nedelchev

I have little Problem when i try to Build my Kernel

i'm using FreeBsd 4.3 RELEASE i386

i try to install my PCI lan  card and i do this

Installation:

  1. copy the source codes if_fet.c and iffetreg.h to /sys/pci
directory,

        #cp if_fet.c /sys/pci
        #cp iffetreg.h /sys/pci

  2. modify /sys/conf/files, add the following line

        pci/if_fet.c     optional       fet      device-driver

  3. modify /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC, add the following=
 line

        device  my0

  4. compile the kernel,

        #cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
        #cp GENERIC MYKERNEL
        #/usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL
        #cd /usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL
        #make depend
        #make
        #make install

  5. reboot the system,

        #reboot

On usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL    i get warning My is unknown

and on
#make depend   - make canot find config.c Stop

what i must do to compile and run my Lan Card

Thanks in Advance

Stanislav Nedelchev
-- Stanislav, stanislav-n@gmx.net on 06.29.2001