Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:04:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another shudown -p question

Jon Hamilton wrote:

> Works fine for me on my 1200xl; I have the following in my kernel config:
> device          apm0    at nexus? flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management
>
> and
 /etc/rc.conf
> apm_enable="YES"

> If you have a working sound config for this machine, I'd love to trade for
> that, too :)
>
> BTW, even with this symptom, you shouldn't have to pull the battery.  Hold
> down the power button for 3-4 seconds and the machine should power down, though
> I realize that's not ideal by a long shot.

Thanks to Jon and Harold,

I didn't know about holding the button down.  I will use this for now and
recompile the kernel later.

Since I use this machine mainly to ssh my servers and check mail
while out of town, I haven't even tried to get sound working.  I'll bet
Graham Wheeler has though.

Graham, are you out there?

--
Jim Weeks