Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 22:26:54 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: amaya & toth & a small x whinge (was: find/search a string in Netscape)

mike, ben and several others who asked.

some good news and some not so good news regarding amaya/toth.

if youdig out a problem report, ports/9210

you will see amongst other things,

new port: www/amaya
release: freebsd 3.0-current i386

this is a 16 (text screen) page patch that makes amaya work on/with freebsd
3.0 current i presume. it includes toth and all that sort of stuff. i'm not a
c programmer (i'm not a programmer at all) so i could be mistaken. this port
is based on amaya v1.4 and it gets its code stuff from w3.org.

so here it is a definitve place to start from mr d croyle (sorry about the
misspelling if i did).

now all i have to do is wait fro me to get to freebsd v3.0-current.

a question, if i install v3.0.0-release, could i use this port/patch to run
amaya on my freebsd v3-release box ? or what would i have to do to make it
happen. another side issue how 'reliable' would it be ?

seeing as i just found found about this, you guys should all already know about
it and be using it .. i'm allways teh last to find these things out.

but, just in case, i'll post anyway ... grin

regards

jonathan