Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:33:18 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Hrant Dadivanyan <hrant@dadivanyan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.0-R connected to Cisco switch (in 'trunk' mode with native VLAN) - doesn't work?

--On 30 July 2014 13:26 +0400 Hrant Dadivanyan <hrant@dadivanyan.net> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> I'm not sure whether it's on by default, but many Cisco switches
> (including all in 3750 family) can tag native vlan, so no a packet will
> leave ports untagged.
>     no vlan dot1q tag native
> in configuration mode will switch this off.

Thanks to all that replied - the issue in the end was a switch config issue
(as suspected - i.e. not an O/S issue). Something to do with QinQ being
setup on it - and the switch then not de-tagging native trunk vlan's...

I'm not setting up the switches - so I don't know for sure what config
option was changed (i.e. the one above?), but it is resolved now.

Thanks again,

-Karl