Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 11:02:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Some questions

On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, -Vince- wrote:

[ who begat who stuff deleted]

> > > 	Hmmm, it seems their TCP/IP book covers alot of what we wanted to
> > > know though already....
> >
> > The difference is, the TCP/IP book has one chapter, consisting of 18
> > pages, on setting up DNS.  True, some of the same info is covered, but if
> > you don't have a real good idea of how it works in the first place (I
> > didn't) then you do need the DNS/BIND book.
>
> 	True but is the TCP/IP book a good book to have as well?

They have different focusses.  I think the TCP/IP book justifies itself
in explaining how to troubleshoot network problems, ifconfig stuff, and
network security, but the big chapter on Sendmail doesn't hurt.  I drop a
fair amount of money on O'Reilly books, tho, so you might disagree.  BTW,
I don't have to pay full cost, you know ... README.DOC in Pennsylvania
stocks them, and offers a nice (20-25%) discount.  Their number is
1-800-678-1473, or 717-264-0843, they take plastic of various sorts.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0R) and n3lxx
(301) 220-2114              | (FreeBSD 2.0.5-snap) and am I happy!