Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:02:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      R J <rjohanne@piper.hamline.edu>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sil3512 (sii, SATA) driver on Sun Ultra60/blade 1000

> Have you tried newer SiI3124/3132 cards family with new siis(4) or old
> ata(4) driver?

I have tried the Sil3124, but not with the new siis driver.  I tried it
with the ata driver;  I had the card with 4 ports, and when I tried it
with ata, it was exhibiting the same behaviour as the Sil3512 card in the
ultra 60.

But the Sil3124 card died, and not sure how that happened.  I still have
it, but the system doesn't see it atall.

How can I help?  I am willing to do testing utilizing the Sil3512 that I
have, and if I can get a hold of a working Sil3124, I can test with that
too.  I could probably provide remote access to a sparc64 box for testing,
but I will have to check on that.

Let me know how I can help.

Thanks,

Robert