Date:      Sat, 4 Jul 1998 11:29:34 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Percy Cheng <percy@iohk.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to install my NE2000 compat. NIC??

On Saturday,  4 July 1998 at  9:22:34 +0800, Percy Cheng wrote:

> 	I just installed released 2.2.6, during the installation,
> it could not detect my NE2000 compatable NIC automatically, how
> can I install it manually?
>
> 	Thanks a lot for your kindly help...=~>

FreeBSD-hackers is intended for detailled technical discussion, not
installation help.  We have the FreeBSD-questions list for that.
Please send questions of this nature there.

I'm assuming your board parameters don't match what the system
expects.  You need to find out what they are (I/O address and IRQ
setting).  Then boot with the -c option and use UserConfig to change
the kernel's expectations to match your hardware.  There's an example
of doing this with exactly this board in "The Complete FreeBSD",
second edition (http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/bsdbook2.htm).

Greg