Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:41:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   make's default actions while installing ports

Hello,

Thanks for your help so far in figuring out how make
works when a user types "make" inside a port
directory. So far I have determined that since no
target is specified, make goes to the .MAIN target,
which is inside of the bsd.port.mk included file. And
if you go to this target in this file you will see it
is

.MAIN: all

The problem that I am having now is finding where the
"all" target is defined. If make is to have the
default actions as described in the "porters Manual"
shouldn't there be a target entry such as

all: do-fetch do-extract do-patch do-configure
do-build

somewhere in this file? Thanks for the help.

Wayne