Date:      Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:32:55 +0200
From:      deeptech71@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kill .Trash

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Friday, June 01, 2007 17:04:16 +0200 deeptech71@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to DISABLE the Trash thing in KDE? I'm not a newbie,
>> and I am decisive about deleting files. I don't need an annoying 'you can
>> never be sure' functionality. rm -r for life!
>>
>> // i've seen hacks like chmod 000 .trash, not my choice
>
> KDE Control Center/File Manager/Behavior/Ask Confirmation For - uncheck

That's just a confirmation. I prefer to press DEL, then ENTER to delete a file,
SHIFT+DEL isn't so good. Disabling a confirmation does not disable the Trash
thing. You accidentally forget to press SHIFT with DEL, and KDE starts moving a
12GB file from one partition to my home partition (oh and it has a 1G capacity).
The hack disables writing to the Trash.

How to disable the Move to Trash capability?