Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 12:37:38 +0200
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smbmount where is it???

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 08:55:53AM +0200, Kees van Wijk wrote:
> I installed the samba package for BSD-4.1 release.
>
> I can find smbclient / smbpasswd / smbstatus etc in:
> /usr/local/bin
>
> BUT where is smbmount / smbmnt etc????
>
> Do I need to install other packages as well?
> Can I mount window shares a different way??

I've never tried it myself - but you should take a look
at Sharity-Light (supposed to be a usermode version of smbfs.)
It's in the ports:

/usr/ports/net/sharity-light

There is another implementation (kernel based) but I'm not sure if
it is stable or still beta software:

ftp://ftp.butya.kz/pub/smbfs/smbfs.tar.gz

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27