Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:35:26 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        Stan Brown <stanb@panix.com>, Free BSD Multimedia List <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What hardware/software do In need to build a TVIO like PVR?

Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org> types:
> Mike Meyer wrote:
> > If that software exists, I haven't found it yet.
> Note that Tivo has apparently released their source code as
> well: http://freshmeat.net/projects/tivosoftwaresourcecode/
> but good luck getting it working with FreeBSD.

That's just their custom kernel code, not the userland code. Since the
linux kernel is GPL'ed, they are required to release that. I suspect
it wouldn't be of any use for such a project on FBSD.

> As far as the guide is concerned, there are a lot of projects
> on Freshmeat that provide guides.  I think some of them use
> publically available information.

That I wasn't aware of - thanks for the information.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.