Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 00:18:53 -0500
From:      Ted Spradley <tsprad@metronet.com>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <ctm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ctm-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Notice of Temporary Suspension of Updates

> I have chosen to do this because the advantage of being able to use the
> 2.2.5 CD for a baseline
> outweighs the disadvantage caused by the slight delay.
>
> I encourage everyone to obtain the 2.2.5 Release CD. Those using CTM or
> CVSUP to update can
> significantly reduce the huge file transfer involved in starting the update
> process.

Is this something new, or was this the case with the 2.2.2 CD as well?  I have
the 2.2.2 CD and all the CTM feeds, but when I tried to ftp the 36 Mbyte
src-2.2.0400xEmpty.gz it died after about 32 Mbytes.  Is there something on
the 2.2.2 CD that I can apply the CTM updates to in order to get 2.2.5 before
the new CD arrives in the mail?  When I tried to apply the updates directly to
/usr/src from the CD ctm refused because there was no .ctm_status.