Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:33:19 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security or lack thereof

John Nemeth wrote:
>      So, is it FreeBSD policy to ignore security bug reports?  I sent
> the following bug report to security@freebsd.org on Feb. 19th, 2005 and
> it still hasn't been acted on.  This total lack of action on an
> extremely simple (and silly) three year old bug doesn't give one the
> warm fuzzies.  Heck, it took 48 hours to get a response from a security
> officer, and another 24 hours to get something from the guilty
> developer.

I'm a nobody as far as FreeBSD src trees, bugs, etc go, but I didn't see a PR in the bug reports database (link on the left of the main freebsd.org website).  This is probably why it got shuffled into a crack somewhere, but take my bits with a grain of salt.

If you haven't, please submit your patch via the bug system here:
http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

Thanks for the bug find..

Eric

I have seen the future and it is just like the present, only longer.