Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:42:51 +0100
From:      Karol Kwiatkowski <freebsd@orchid.homeunix.org>
To:        alfredoj69@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Router/Firewall?

Aperez wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to set up a router/firewall with Freebsd 5.3 this is my
> information:
>
> Winxp and Freebsd machine connected to Firewall machine using a hub
>
> Firewall has two ethernet cards:  card1: dc0 connected to cable internet
> using DHCP
>                                                 card 2: rl0 setup to use
> 192.168.1.1
>
> I can connect to the internet from the firewall: ping -c 3 www.yahoo.con
> successfull
> I can ping from Firewall to the other two machines (WinXP and FreeBSD)
> I can ping from XP to FreeBsd and Firewall
> I can pin from FreeBSD to XP and Firewall

OK, it appears your internal network is working.

Did you set 'defaultrouter' on FreeBSD and XP (whatever it may be
called on Windows) to 192.168.1.1 (IP of the gateway)?

> Here is the problem: I cant connect to internet from neither XP nor
> FreeBSD machine
>
> Here is my rc.conf from the firewall machine:
>
> gateway_enable="YES"
> ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"
> ifconfig_dc0="DHCP"
> ifconfig_rl0="inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
> ipfilter_enable="YES"
> ipmon_enable="YES"
> ipmon_flags="-Dsvn"
> ipnat_enable="YES"

What rules do you have in ipfilter and ipnat? Have you enabled NAT?

> ipfs_enable="YES"
>
> Can anyabody tell me what I am missing?

Regards,

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski  <freebsd at orchid dot homeunix dot org>