Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:45:31 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>, Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ady@freebsd.ady.ro, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/7382: Pine4 does not co-exist with older installed version of  pine.

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 04:24:34PM +0300, Adrian Penisoara wrote:
[Re: pine3 won't run if people have pine4 installed]
>   Do you have any ideea why ? BTW, with the last committed patch Pine4 (as

It's in the audit-trail for ports/7382.  :)  Or for the shortcut, see
msg-id: <199807240100.SAA26311@freefall.freebsd.org>.  Essentially
once pine3 is linked with the pine4 shared library, you're toast.
Especiallly if you're on the package-building machine...

Just bite the bullet and rename the dang things to libpico3 and
libpico4.  :)

> PS: I'm prepairing to upgrade the ports I maintain to match the latest
> bsd.port.mk changes. I'd like to know 2 things:
>
>  (1) What's the "standard" URL from where I should fetch bsd.port.mk, for
>      2.2.7-REL and 3.0-current ?

Depends how you want to fetch it.  :)

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/share/mk/bsd.port.mk
will be almost up-to-date.

http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/share/mk/bsd.port.mk is
harder to do automatically, but nice if you want to see the rev.
history (ie. the latest changes).  Plus this is 100% guaranteed to be
up-to-date.

You can always use anon cvs.

And, of course, you can cvsup the src-share collection.

>  (2) What are the the changes involved and where are they best documented?

Eh. <cough>

Ask Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>.  ;-)

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.