Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 1999 06:51:55 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        dennisjun@yahoo.com (Dennis Jun)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel rebuilding error

On 7 Aug 1999 18:42:36 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>Hi, I'm a newbie and I desperately want to get off of Windoze 98.
>However, I'm having trouble rebuilding my kernel.
>
>After edit the config file, I get the following errors after I do
>"make"; can anyone help me plez?:
>
>btw, here's my uname -a:
>FreeBSD natty.bellglobal.com 3.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASMT 1999
>jkh@cathair:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

>syscons.o: In function `sckbdprobe':

you either
a) didnt do make depend before doing make
b) You defined some kernel options that depend on other kernel options
being defined.  Make sure that if you added anything into your kernel
config file that you have everything you need to support it.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Who is this 'BSD', and why should we free him?"