Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:57:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Brian John" <brianjohn@fusemail.com>
To:        "Andrew Seguin" <asegu@borgtech.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RE: changed cases, now freebsd won't boot!

----- Original Message -----

You were right.  I accidentally mixed up the primary and secondary IDE
cables.  However, I switched them back and now I am still getting tons of
these errors:
 ad1:  WARNING - READDMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying)

...and I can't boot into FreeBSD.  It just puts me in single user mode.

It almost appears as if my hard drives somehow were damaged when I
switched cases.  However, Windows works just fine.  I tried running fsck
and I still get the errors.  Does anyone have any clue what I can do about
this?

Thanks

/Brian