Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 21:28:02 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Andrew Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel/Compaq 10/100 NIC gives identical MAC

>I just bought 3 of these cards to replace some DEC 21143-based
>cards that won't negotiate correctly with my Linksys switch. I was
>briefly happy with the Intel cards, until I realised that they all
>appear to FreeBSD (3.3-STABLE Wed Dec  1 14:27:14 PST 1999) to have
>identical MAC addresses, and hence won't talk to one another...
>
>A search on the mailing list archive turned up a a response from
>DG regarding this last month, but nothing since.

   It's still an open issue because I haven't been able to get one of these
cards yet. Let me know if you'd be willing to part with one for awhile.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.