Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 2016 03:34:35 +1100
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
Subject:   Re: GCC5: pkg vs. ports

On 2/02/2016 3:24 AM, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> On 02/01/16 10:18, Kubilay Kocak wrote:
>>
>> Hi William,
>>
>> You may be seeing a previously saved config, try make rmconfig then
>> check again, or look at OPTIONS_DEFAULT inside Makefile
>>
>> You're correct, if graphite *is* a default option, the package should
>> have it . Only other thing I can think of is a silent graphite build
>> failure that isn't fatal, resulting in a built but incomplete package.
>> Unlikely all else being equal though
>>
>> Let us know what you find
>>
>> ./koobs
>>
>> On 2 Feb 2016 3:06 AM, "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net
>> <mailto:wam@hiwaay.net>> wrote:
>>

>>     I just did a full 'pkg upgrade' on my FBSD 9.3R box, which
>>     installed the newest GCC5. I also updated ports. When I used the
>>     pkg-provided GCC5, it doesn't have graphite support enabled, so no
>>     auto-parallelization. When I checked the port w/ make showconfig.
>>     it shows graphite enabled. I am recompiling it as I write this,
>>     but I thought the pkg was/is configured from the port & would have
>>     graphite enabled by default, w/ no recompile needed on my part, no
>>     ? I have the various other pkg's req'd for graphite support
>>     pkg-installed (& just updated this A.M.), so I thought I was ready
>>     to go. Not a huge issue, but recompiling the compiler shoots about
>>     an hour on my box, would be sweet to avoid that. TIA for any clues
>>     & have a good one.
>>

>>     --
>>             William A. Mahaffey III
>>

> The *ports* version looks AOK, Makefile dated Jan 31, & 'make
> showconfig' says graphite is ready to go. When it gets done, I'll try to
> compile some code w/ it & verify it is AOK. I just didn't know why the
> *pkg* version was different.

William,

I've just had a quick look, and if you're using the lang/gcc5 port, it
appears the GRAPHITE option defaults to OFF:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/lang/gcc5/Makefile?revision=403073&view=markup#l48

This explains why that (gcc5) package doesn't have it enabled.

Also see the last revision commit log:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=403073

./koobs