Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 01:02:36 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@holly.dyndns.org>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp hangs on -current

On Wed, Apr 7, 1999, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> "ftp" on 4.0-very-current (post egcs make world) randomly hangs during
> sessions...
> I never succeded in finishing a session lately.
> To transfer some files from my home to my isp server I had to do an "ftp"
> from the server and a "get" to them...

   I don't know if this is proper behavior or not.  I get this
problem when sending an ABRT and the server doesn't respond
(because it's a broken Windows FTPd, usually) or when I'm on a
generally _bad_ route to that particular system.

   I'm not sure if it works, but I'll investigate into it:
Perhaps a test to see if read/write failed with errno = EINTR -
if it is EINTR, close() the socket and sit at the prompt, or
perhaps just exit.

   Any opinions?

--
Chris Costello                                <chris@calldei.com>

Bad command or file name.  Go stand in the corner.