Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:30:23 -0800
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd@celestial.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Server access using Samba from out side LAN.

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004, samy lancher wrote:

>   Thanks for the reply. The XP system outside our LAN is not in another
>   LAN. It is just an individual system. So does it work the same
>   for this system. Could you please refer any good manual to achieve my
>   goal.

There are IPSec clients that run on XP that will connect to the LinkSys and
similar VPN boxes from Netgear and others.  As a general rule, no Windows
box should ever be connected directly to the Internet as there are far too
many ways for worms to access the Microsoft virus, Windows with a direct
connection.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are
men who want rain without thunder and lightning.  They want the ocean
without the roar of its many waters.
                -- Frederick Douglass