Date:      Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:03:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        ben.siemon@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Contributing to FreeBSD list of things todo

In message: <a8b370910511011430v38ed6fe4xdd8b5ff5dec80939@mail.gmail.com>
            Ben Siemon <ben.siemon@gmail.com> writes:
: I have a suggestion for things dev people could do to help out with
: code already done. I noticed the suggestion for compiling with -Wall
: enabled. Would it serve any purpose to compile the sources with -ansi
: and or -pedantic as well? I am fairly new to FreeBSD so forgive me if
: this has alread been addressed.

-ansi and/or -pedantic would show where the gcc extensions are used.
There's a lot of places in the tree where they are, so this would take
a lot of work to make clean.

Warner