Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 01:49:34 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Dan Piponi <dan@mvfx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running Linux games under emulation

* Dan Piponi <dan@mvfx.com> [000130 16:03] wrote:
> Lokisoft have ported (at least) 3 games to Linux. Civilization: Call to Power
> works fine under FreeBSD. Both Myth II and Heroes of Might and Magic III fail
> with bad system call errors. Anyone know what these system calls are? Every
> other Linux binary I have ever tried runs (if I install the right libraries at
> least) so what are Lokisoft doing that is different?

Please wrap lines at 70 characters.

Please also supply:
o) What version of freebsd you are running
o) When the last time you installed the linux emulation package was.
o) any diagnostics printed at console or in the terminal you started the
   programs from ("linux syscall XXX not implemented" or whatever)
o) the end of a ktrace (man ktrace/man kdump) showing where it dies/exits

These are the _minimal_ steps you need to provide a comprehensive bug
report that will actually allow us to do anything about it.

thanks,
-Alfred