Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:57:51 -0500
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   HOW TO QUESTION: 'Flagging' characters in t_outq....

I have just finished a line discipline that does packet framing. I tried using
the upper bits on the int to do start and end of packet framing, following
the lead of the input side (for things like parity errors, etc).

However, it appears that only the TTY_QUOTE bit seems to get passed (having
looked at the code). I'd really like to know if/why the other bits get
stripped, and if there is a way around this, so I can get the full number
of bits passed down.....

Comments?
	-Brian