Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 06:57:42 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Mikael Hybsch <micke@dynas.se>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Shouldn't Intel Express PRO/100B work in 100Mbit/s ?

>The LAN switch indicates that the 100Mb outlet is running full duplex.
>Could this be the problem?

   Yes, the driver doesn't currently work in full duplex mode. I've followed
the documentation, but I've not been able to get it to work. There is
apparantly something undocumented that must be done that I don't know about.

>Will it work if I connect the PRO/100B to a standard 100Mb/s half duplex
>hub? (Don't have one yet to try it on)

   Yes, it will work in half duplex mode. You should be able to configure the
switch port to forced half duplex.

-DG

David Greenman