Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 23:22:13 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, groudier@club-internet.fr
Subject:   Re: Linux ioctl not implemented error

> >The console complaints about the ioctl are gone now. Unfortunately VMware
> >still complains. I'll try to findout why.
>
> Try to load new vmware port from:
> http://www.mindspring.com/~vsilyaev/vmware/files/vmware.tar.gz
>
> And reinstall it. I think this may fix the problem.

I'm trying the new port now.  I seem to have a problem with the
vmware emulator program dying due to some panic caused by an
uncaught signal whenever I try to save a configuration.

Right now, I opted to not save the configuration, and have proceeded
on to booting a FreeBSD-3.3 release CDROM, and installing it in a
VMware virtual machine.  This is great.  I dunno if it's just me,
but this seems to provoke manical laughter from time to time.

Next up: how long to do a 'make world' of the 3.3 system inside the
emulator.

So, is there a working network interface for the virtual machine?  That
would be very nifty, indeed.

louie