Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:58:21 +0100
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Henry Miller <hmiller@intradyn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to connect iBook to my BSD network

: Most base stations have a DHCP server, but you need to turn it on.
: Read the docs on the base station, then log in and see.   I set my base

Hmmm.  The whole issue is we got this without docs from Ebay.

: station so that 192.168.1.n , where 128<n<256 is assigned by the BS,
: and the rest is reserved for static IPs.   I'm guessing that this bs

Can you give me a quick idea how to do that?

: has dhcp and NAT built in, because it has a modem port.  Even if it
: didn't though, most of them do.

Is it straightforward to use the BS to dial in to an ISP?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.