Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:27:24 -0500
From:      "Isaac (.ike) Levy" <ike@blackskyresearch.net>
To:        Patrick McEvoy <patmcevoy@mac.com>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: users fetching source

Hi Patrick,

On Jan 29, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Patrick McEvoy wrote:

> Hello,
> I just spoke to Eitan and he suggested I contact you. I have put =
together the audio and slides from Eitans last talk at NYCBUG and would =
like to put together a blurb at the end regarding users fetching source. =
While speaking to Eitan I mentioned the work Ike and others have done =
consolidating notes here: https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource
> He mentioned that you guys may be doing something with this page. If =
so are you planning to change the URL? I would like to have a one stop =
page for info to help ease the transition and would like it to be a URL =
I can count on not going dark a few months after I put the video on =
Youtube. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I am all ears.
> Thank you for all your work on FreeBSD.

I started that wiki page to consolidate the complexities of the issue, =
to help it's resolution.

I'll be happy to make sure that url continues to exist for some time, =
hopefully, replacing/archiving the page contents once a solution is in =
place that the FreeBSD community feels is adequate.

Currently, John Mehr has exciting work happening towards a solid "svnup" =
utility, and I've been off on the ctm list hacking on a "ctmup" stop-gap =
in shell.

--
Regardless, I'll do my best to make sure that page keeps up with the =
issue, and I can make sure the URL is there for at least some months to =

I just updated the top of the page to tell people the URL is important.

Best,
.ike