Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:18:19 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-gnats@FreeBSD.ORG, woods@zeus.leitch.com
Subject:   Re: kern/6242: vnode disk driver too unstable in -STABLE to "make release"

>Ah ha.  It seems for some reason that the fixit floppy stuff has grown
>too large to fit on a floppy, at least in my local build environment.

The newfs options could be optimised for space a bit more.

>That the vnode disk driver blows up when you over-fill its filesystem is
>only a side-effect to the real problem here.

FIlling up the file system on a vn device seems to be harmless in
-current.  However, `vnconfig -u' before umount is permitted and gives
the bizarre mountpoint properties mentioned in the PR.

doFS.sh is executed by `sh -e', so when the file system fills up, the
build aborts without either unmounting or `vnconfig -u'ing the device.
It is then easy to forget to unmount the device before unconfiguring
it.

Bruce