Date:      Sun, 04 Sep 2016 16:29:58 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        python@freebsd.org, rm@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Subject:   ports/lang/python27 ssl

Hi python@FreeBSD.org as MAINTAINER= of lang/python27/Makefile
Hi rm@FreeBSD.org as MAINTAINER= of dns/py-dnspython/Makefile

( PS please retain cc: <jhs@berklix.com> as I'm not a member of python@ )

I had to comment ssl out of /usr/ports/lang/python27/Makefile
	USES=                cpe ncurses pkgconfig readline ssl tar:xz
to force compile, else it complained it needed ssl from src/ &
recommended removing ssl from ports, but ports ssl is needed for webmail etc
Comments welcome ?

++++
Also from starting point: cd mail/mailman; make install
ports/dns/py-dnspython fails

===>   Registering installation for py27-dnspython-1.14.0 as automatic
pkg-static: Plist error, directory listed as a file: lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnspython-1.14.0-py2.7.egg-info
*** Error code 74

dnspython-1.14.0-py2.7.egg-info
is not even listed so I spose it come from Mk/ or pkg ?
I reinstalled  ports/*/pkg but that did not help.

A solution welcome please.

Thanks,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix Sys Eng Consultant Munich
 Reply below, Prefix '> '. Plain text, No .doc, base64, HTML, quoted-printable.