Date:      16 Aug 2001 11:01:41 +0200
From:      Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: too many groups

	Hi Mike!

On 15 Aug 01 at 12:28, "Mike" (Mike Meyer) wrote:

 Mike> Why should we bloat the kernel ucred structure from 80 bytes to over
 Mike> 4000 bytes to the a single users problem - that they brought on
 Mike> themselves? Especially when someone will eventually ask "why don't
 Mike> you just set it to 4096?", which would only make it slightly less
 Mike> than 4 times larger rather than the 50 times larger you're asking
 Mike> for. If you want an OS design governed by bad decisions to make life
 Mike> easier on the user, MS will gladly sell it to you.

So what? Is 4096 so large that the poor kernel can't handle it?
Anyway. My bitter point is, that your answer along with many others
does not make it constructive but tries to offend ( MS, bad decisions,
etc..). It might be a bad decision and might be not - and since you're not
a spokesman for the freebsd project, your "why" might be as well irrelevant as mine.
Ted Mittelstaedt in his response to this subject gave good
reason against the change, and although I'm not quite satisfied,
I agree to his reasons - but not to yours.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---

Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
                      - BOFH