Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:44:57 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   pfSense

	Guys,

	I've been using the FBSD firewall pfSense since last January
	without fully understanding it.  Now I'm getting some clues as to
	one *possibility* why my new laptop may not be working.  --It is
	more probably a hardware fauly, but maybe somebody can clue me in
	How both my wife and my daughter and I (with my new ThinkPad G41)
	were given IP's _within_ the "Range" that was set up.

	My private IP's are listed as

	10.47.0.0 -- 10.47.0.255

	and my Range is listed as

	10.47.0.101 to 10.47.0.120.  The "Range" is described on one
	site:

	   You will need to set the Range of the DHCP server which
	   will regulate how many IP addresses you will give out.

	My wife's Dell XP has 10.47.0.119; daughter's Macbook is
	10.47.0.115; and when I clicked around and made my daughter's
	computer IP "static", pfSense gave me an error.  It said that
	it was incorrectly within the "Range".  How can I change/edit it
	so that it is outside the range?  I would like everything
	possible to be set in concrete.  Will pfSense pick an IP outside
	the range?

	tia,

	gary

--