Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:20:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPV6/KAME/protosw integration cleanup

Firstly I would like to appologise to the KAME folks.
I think that in general they are doing a wonderful job, and
I was in a bad spot at the time and let my better judgement
get over-run by my annoyance at what I saw (still do)
as a rather poor implementation decision.

Some of  the KAME folks have gotten back to me in private and
I believe that my issues have been at least considered and
some of them will be addressed.

I'm cycling through the compile/edit/compile sequence about 50 times a day
here in the KSE stuff and all the false-hits I was getting due to KAME
error messages was just getting overly annoying. Then I had to actually go
through the KAME code liiking for  process references and
came across the VARARGS stuff... it was too much..

anyhow I'm satisfied that they are doing as good of a job as they can
and that they will be considering whether any changes can be made
to assit compiler checking of their stacks.
I will not be doing any changes that affect them, Though I may still add
the prototype definitions in protsw.h as that's a generally useful thing
to do.

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
> > Robert Watson wrote:

[rebuke]

julian