Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 2020 12:46:12 +0000
From:      Wei Hu <weh@microsoft.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HyperV socket review and AF_HYPERV socket number

Hello,

I'd like to invite you to review the FreeBSD implementation of HyperV socke=
t support. The review is at https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24061.

In particular, I'd like to ask if it is ok to choose socket number 43 for A=
F_HYPERV type. There are such comments in sys/socket.h:

/*
 * When allocating a new AF_ constant, please only allocate
 * even numbered constants for FreeBSD until 134 as odd numbered AF_
 * constants 39-133 are now reserved for vendors.
*/

I am not sure if Microsoft is qualified as vendor or not. Socket number 43 =
is a good number for this type since it is the same as Linux.=20

Please send your comments directly to me as I am not a subscriber of this a=
lias.

Thanks,
Wei