Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 16:08:23 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsdb fails on perl

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 08:32:00AM -0500, Dru wrote:

> Anyone else having problems using portsdb this morning? I'm getting the
> same message on a 4.7 and 5.0 box:

Yes, just now `portsdb -ufU' chucked this back (everything preceding is lost
- I don't have that big of a scrollback buffer in xterm!) after being run
against the ports tree from about 6 hours ago (give or take - I'm using one
of the UK mirrors, and can't off the top of my head remember the lag between
it and the master server...)

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar at Tools/make_index line 44, <> line
8426.
(preceding line repeated many many times - more than the 200 in my
scrollback buffer...)
done
[Updating the portsdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /usr/ports ... - 1 port entries
found /usr/ports/INDEX:1:Port info line must consist of 10 fields.
 ..... done]

Not sure which port made it choke (wasn't watching it, and now it's lost).

I am updating my ports tree again as I write, and will try again when that's
finished.  Will post the outcome, if it's of interest.

BTW, this is on a new 4.8-STABLE (about half an hour old).

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \