Date:      Sat, 7 May 2005 17:40:08 GMT
From:      Alan Larson <larson@w6yx.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/79890: burncd fails on a Pioneer DVD drive

The following reply was made to PR i386/79890; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan Larson <larson@w6yx.stanford.edu>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, fbsdbug@seismic.de
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 10:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

 This looks like the same problem as my report bin/62058.  I have
 since replaced the drive mentioned in that problem with a new Plextor,
 and still have the problem.  It seems pretty clear that the software gets
 confused about the state of the drive, and can no longer communicate
 with it.

 In my case, I have tried adding hw.ata.atapi_dma="1", to /boot/loader.conf
 but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.

 	Alan