Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:53:02 -0500
From:      Rod Person <roddierod@yahoo.com>
To:        "patrick reen" <patrickfreen@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Beginner using FreeBSD

It was Fri, 21 Dec 2001 00:43:26 +0000 when I read this:

> Dear Sir, I am interested in using the freebsd os on my computer. I am
> currently using windows me.-there has got to be something better- I use
> my
> computer for the internet, word processing, email and some light
> graphics
> and mp3 use. I know almost nothing about computers and nothing about
> unix
> language. Would freebsd be a viable option for me? Thanks for any
> advice.
>                      Pat Reen

FreeBSD can do everything you want but stating that you know almost nothing about computer would lead me to say you might not want to try it. Installing FreeBSD is quite different from Windows and may not make sense to you at first and you may get too frustrated and give up. Knowing nothing my make think it's too complicated to use and install. My 4 year old can navigate and use app like xpaint and Opera but I had to install it and spent a good amount of time with her. I'm a programmer/sys admin as a profession and be using computer for almost 22 years, so you must be the judge of how much time you want to spending learning and how much 'pain' you can stand in your initial learning experiences.

Rod

roddierod@yahoo.com

"I'm a character in a world gone wrong!"
	- Entombed - Returning to Madness