Date:      Sun, 09 Apr 2000 00:47:43 -0700
From:      tomb <tomb@cgf.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum causes fatal double fault kernel panic

Hi,
I've been attempting to create a mirrored pair of disc's.  I'm not
concerned about performance only the backup of my critical data.  Armed
with a pair of scsi drives (same model) and the man pages I came up with
a config file (listed below).  The problem is that if I use this to
setup the mirro I get a
"fatal double fault" <<cut>> panic: double fault
message and the machine reboots.

Camcontrol reports both drives ready and the discs were operating fine
as separate drives on the same machine and controller.

Thanks,

Tom

Platform:

FreeBSD 4.0 Release,
AMD K6-2
128Mb RAM
Custom Kernel (Removed spurious devices)
Adaptec 2940-U2W

Drives:
    ad0 (OS drive, not to be mirrored!)
    da0 ID1 (Seagate 4141Mb Barracuda mirror)
    da1 ID8 (Seagate 4141Mb Barracuda mirror)

vinum config file:

drive a device /dev/da0s1e
drive b device /dev/da1s1e
    volume mirror