Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:04:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
To:        Robert Small <robert@superjake.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Question

The jumpers are set wrong on the card.  I had the exact same problem with
an aha-1542 and aha-1540 card recently.  The docs on the jumpers that you
can get on Adaptec's site are kind of cryptic, but the card will work once
you get the jumpers placed correctly.

Currently I have mine running at irq 9, drq 5 and my jumpers are setup
like this:

J5 pin 8 jumpered pin 9 the jumper is on one pin
J9 pins 2, 6, and 9 are jumpered.

I have that configuration running on two systems now working great.  Let
me know how it goes for ya.

--Damon