Date:      Fri, 02 Aug 1996 13:31:07 +0100
From:      Simon Marlow <simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Followup on IBM ethernet/II problems

Hi mobile people,

You may remember I was having problems with an IBM creditcard
ethernet adaptor running slowly; it seems this was caused by the
driver accessing the memory on the card too fast, causing about 10% of
packets to be corrupted.

The Linux pccard driver has a 'mem_speed' setting to work around this,
but I can't see anything similar in FreeBSD, so I've dumped the card
and got hold of a 3c589 for now (which works properly after removing
the contraversial '| 0x8000' from if_ep.c :-)

Cheers,
	Simon

--
Simon Marlow						 simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk