Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:38:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5 soft updates

The reason behind not enabling it on root is that the root filesystem is
traditionally small, and easy to fill up, and Softupdates will sometimes
tell you a partition is full even if it isn't. You should be fine enabling
it the way you want to, but if I were you I'd reconsider putting
everything on one partition.

Ken