Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:15:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        green@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pccbb crashes when detaching (unsafe interrupt handler)

In message: <20040715180854.GZ1626@green.homeunix.org>
            Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@freebsd.org> writes:
: This is what I have so far, but I'm not happy with it because it
: seems like it would be so much nicer to increment a count on the
: ithread's intrhand and drain any current interrupt out of the
: ithread, but possibly making each interrupt a lot more expensive.

I don't like this.  And I don't understand the problem at all.  If the
device isn't there, we already handle it correctly.  I think that it
is a lot of code to handle an extremely rare case.  I don't like
taking out an sx lock on every single interrupt.

Please do not commit this.  Thanks.

Warner