Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:56:32 -0800
From:      Christian DeKonink <chrisd@sendmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help, what happened?

It all started when I accidentally overwrote my FreeBSD manager with
another one of a different flavor. Uhhgg!
I was running happily with freeBSD 3.4 w/PAO.

So I booted up with 4.0 install floppies and reinstalled the FreeBSD
Boot Manager. Everything seemed fine, so I thought, until FreeBSD could
no longer recognize either one of my ethernet cards. So I figured
something got really messed up. So alas I have to reinstall. No biggie.

So I downloaded 4.0-release boot floppies yesterday and booted up my
dell inspiron 7500 from them. But when I tried to configure the network
for ftp download it would not recognize either of my ethernet cards. I
am sitting here wondering what the hell happened.

I am willing to install either 3.4 or 4.0 but I don't think I can with
my ethernet cards not working. Does anybody have any idea whats up with
them?

My ethernet cards are as follows.

3com 3C589D-TP
3com 3C574-TX