Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:11:32 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        Hunter <hunter2k@hotbox.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with ISO images!

> I downloaded ISO images (4.4 Release) from ftp.ru.freebsd.org
> and made corresponding CDs with Easy CD Creator.
> Problems:
>
> 1) The Install Disk (Disk1) is not bootable! What the hell is
> this???
>
> 2) I booted from Fixit Disk (Disk2) and then inserted Disk1 for
> installation purposes. When the installation started (after
> repartitioning) I saw this: "Cannot parse information file for the
> dict distribution: I/O error.  Please verify that your media is
> valid and try again" And then the same messages for some other
> distributions. At last I saw this: "Signal 11 was caught... etc" and
> computer rebooted.  What's this?
>
> 3) I've tried to create floppy images but the tools directory
> DOESN'T EXIST ON MY INSTALL DISK!!!

All three of these have something to do with the install disk.  Do
the size and MD5 hash of 4.4-install.iso check out?  That SIGSEGV
during install seems weird to me, but I suppose it could be caused by,
say, a broken executable on the install disk.

> I have a feeling that these ISO images are not full or just fake.

To my knowledge, the ISO images are both full and non-fake, or we
would have seen a *lot* more complaints about them on the list.

Lucas