Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 15:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/6266: PostgreSQL port is old

The following reply was made to PR ports/6266; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To: wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:  Subject: Re: ports/6266: PostgreSQL port is old
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 23:51:50 +0200

 On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 03:24:53PM -0400, Garrett Wollman wrote:

 > 	The port of PostgreSQL is version 6.2.1.  The current release
 > is 6.3.1.  Judging by the documentation, 6.3.1 is a far better
 > starting point for someone looking for this sort of database.

 I'd suggest waiting for the next release in the middle of April
 as scrappy said. The problems I had to get the libpgtcl running
 should be solved in the next release so it would be easier to
 port. I was unsuccessful to get it running in 6.3.1. Many people
 who are willed to help, but actually I got no set of patches, that
 worked for me on -current.

 If that's not ok, the only solution would be to have two
 ports. One older with 6.2.1 and a working pgaccess and
 a newer 6.3.1 without pgaccess which I wanted to avoid.

 --
 Andreas Klemm                             http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
 What gives you 90% more speed, for example in kernel compilation ?