Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:40:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Neil Bradley <neil@synthcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   More PPP musings

I finally got my mgetty and PPP autoconfig problems all taken care of
(running under FreeBSD 2.2.6). Though I know that this possibly might not
be the right place to ask this, but a few users have asked about the
"Verifying username/password" dialog box under Win 95/NT taking so long to
come back and say "Connected". Oddly, the negotiation happens very quickly
and the link is ready to use immediately (and works great).

Is there something that I've misconfigured in the PPP configuration that
would cause this lenghty delay? Any other ISP's on the list have similar
experiences?

Thanks!

-->Neil