Date:      Sat, 09 Oct 1999 02:36:41 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how do i get modem connection speed from ppp?

> On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 08:33:24PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 12:35:41PM +0100, J McKitrick wrote:
> > > Which of the stats used with the 'show' command will let me see the speed
> > > of the current ppp connection?
> > >

> > ``show modem''
> >

> Seems this is actually dependent on which version of FreeBSD you're
> running. ``show modem'' was (is) valid in 3.1, but in 3.3-STABLE
> it isn't, you need ``show physical''. I do wish Brian would stop
> changing things ;-)
[.....]

Sorry 'bout that.  But since I abstracted all the devices, the link
isn't necessarily a modem any more :-/

Disclaimer:  Hey, at least I remembered to mention it in
             README.changes !
--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>