Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:00:07 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for review: new pccard.conf scheme

In message <38E06BD8.346A53B0@newsguy.com> "Daniel C. Sobral" writes:
: Err... pccard.conf is a file that goes through WAAAAAY too many syntax
: changes. Can you add a "version number" config line, so that pccardd can
: verify that the files are in an acceptable syntax? I'd suggest
: major/minor numbers. If major is wrong, the syntax is incompatible. If
: the minor is wrong, the syntax is still supported but the user would
: better update it to remove legacy keywords.

Huh?  AFAIK, There's been no major changes to the syntax to that file
since 2.2.x.  There's only been improvements.

I wouldn't bother adding that at this late date.  pccard.conf likely
won't be around in 5.0 in anywhere near its current form, and would be
renamed to something else in any event.

Warner