Date:      Sat, 13 May 2006 15:25:48 +0200
From:      Marco Righele <marco_righele@yahoo.it>
To:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   System hangs under X

Greetings,

I'm having a few issues running FreeBSD/ppc on a mac mini. In particular
under X (I tried both XFree86 and X.org) the system tends to hang after
a while (from half an hour to a whole day): there are no panics, error
in the logs or other sign of the origin of the problem, the computer
just freezes, stop responding to keyboard/mouse input and I'm unable to
access it from the network.
I'm not sure if X is to blame, I had similar hangs using the console,
but they disappeared as soon as I recompiled kernel and world with less
optimizations ( -O -pipe ).

Has anybody else had similar issues ? Is there a way to have more
information about the problem, or at least a way to understand "where"
the system hangs ?

Thanks,
Marco

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice: chiama da PC a telefono a tariffe esclusive
http://it.messenger.yahoo.com