Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 00:13:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Julian C. Dunn" <jdunn@aecinfo.com>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 386s as mail servers?

remember that an average pop session is a minute or two, so 60 clients
would be able to use the machine per hour and you'd still only have one
POP client active on average..

if you can upgrade the RAM to 16MB, a 386 will do that quite ok..
8MB is ok, but ram is cheap and will have the greatest effect.
julian (E)